Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What 3 course meal would you cook for your wedding anniversary?

(3 Posts)
CookieRookie Tue 16-Oct-12 15:10:21

So it's our wedding anniversary today. Don't want to go out to eat. Dh is a much better cook than me but still don't want to go too crazy as we'd rather spend the time together than slaving over a hot stove. We're looking for a bit of inspiration.

So far we're thinking the following but would love some of your ideas before we set the menu in stone.

Starter: Oven baked prawns with a garlic butter and ciabatta.

Main: Beef fillet salad with rcket and goats cheese (Don't know what dressing though)

Dessert: No Idea.

Wine: Can't decide on white or red because it's prawn and beef. Don't like rose.

Any ideas?

Tia smile

CollectorOfCookbooks Tue 16-Oct-12 16:53:57

Oh congratulations!

Oven baked prawns sound delicious, and I was going to say beef for a main course. I'd keep it simple dressing-wise and perhaps do an olive oil / white wine vinegar / mustard one to pick up on the beef.

How about some fruit and cheese to finish, rather than dessert? With strawberries dipped in chocolate!

CookieRookie Tue 16-Oct-12 17:43:02

Perfect! That's the dressing we're going to use.

After seeing all the ingredients we had decided no big dessert, cheese and fruit board for later sounds perfect rather than a heavy pudding.

Thanks so much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now