Talk

Advanced search

Easy, simple fruit cake recipe?

(8 Posts)
MrsJamin Tue 16-Oct-12 12:59:39

I'd like to make a fruitcake for DH's birthday in 3 days time and I fear I have left it too late to be able to ice it sad I am trying to find a recipe in british amounts (no cups malarkey) for 2 round 20" cakes - anyone know of something that doesn't have a million ingredients?

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 16-Oct-12 13:09:16

This is the recipe I use. It fills a large loaf tin, so I suspect you might want to increase the ingredients by, say, 50% to make two round cakes. It is genuinely easy, use whatever fruit, sugar etc you have to hand.

MrsJamin Tue 16-Oct-12 13:21:07

I like the simple recipe but it doesn't seem to have much fruit in it compared to how big the cake is. I was looking for a higher fruit content but I don't have treacle, nuts or some other things that other recipes included! I may have to go out to the shops after all...

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 16-Oct-12 13:25:39

you can use as much fruit as you like, it will just take longer to cook (if you soak the fruit first), and sling in some nuts if you want too. And promise it is very fruity (I like more fruit, less cake in my fruit cake!)

MrsJamin Tue 16-Oct-12 13:45:25

Ok great, I am going to soak the fruit tonight in whatever booze I can lay my hands on and hide the concoction from DH!

MrsJamin Tue 16-Oct-12 13:45:35

Thank you!

MrsJamin Fri 19-Oct-12 14:04:06

Thank you this recipe worked really well, i upscaled the recipe 50% and it was lovely.

FamiliesShareGerms Fri 19-Oct-12 17:13:50

Phew! Hope DH likes it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now