Talk

Advanced search

Excited about Saturday Kitchen this weekend

(10 Posts)
showtunesgirl Tue 16-Oct-12 00:09:05

As my cookery goddess Madhur Jaffrey is on it. Can't wait for her new series!

Thanks for the heads up!

rumbelina Tue 16-Oct-12 06:54:54

Ooh I'm excited now. That solves my dilemma of whether to go out in the morning or the afternoon.

showtunesgirl Tue 16-Oct-12 09:35:05

I love this woman with a passion. I've never had one of her recipes fail on me. Her Ultimate Curry Bible is sometimes fiendishly complicated but by God it's orth it!

Do you have her Easy Curry showtunesgirl? I'm after something for weeknight dinners, and am wondering if the book is any good. Or if I'm taking shortcuts, I might as well have Pataks!

showtunesgirl Tue 16-Oct-12 10:35:32

Yes! I have Curry Easy and it's revolutionised my weekday nights. I'm a huge fan of this book. She hasn't sold herself out like Delia with her cheats book but just selected her faster recipes.

A lot of the recipes are interchangeable with other meats such as the creamy salmon I make with chicken and it becomes a brilliant butter chicken recipe.

The vegetable section is great too.

I think it's cheapest from The Book People, that's where I got my copy from.

www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=222648

Thanks. I'm worried it's Delia's Cheat cooking book too. That was such a sell out, isn't it?

showtunesgirl Tue 16-Oct-12 11:53:24

Yeah. She went from being Miss Particular about size of tins etc to; get it out of a jar! angry

Be careful with Curry Easy though and read through the entire recipe before using as some of them require an overnight marination time.

rumbelina Sat 20-Oct-12 09:30:13

I made the Thai chicken curry from curry bible this week. It was a.ma.zing.

showtunesgirl Sat 20-Oct-12 12:14:50

I made the Vietnamese chicken curry last night. Delicious!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now