Talk

Advanced search

Delia's Christmas Chutney

(9 Posts)
barefootcook Mon 15-Oct-12 23:22:30

Has anyone made Delia's Christmas chutney? What's it like?

Anste Mon 15-Oct-12 23:23:33

No but watching with interest!

Elderflowergranita Wed 17-Oct-12 14:53:05

Yes, yes me, I've made it! It was really tasty, lovely with cheese. cold ham etc. Very handy as it used up all the odds and ends of dried fruit I had.

I plan to make it again this year. And I'm not even a fan of dried fruits generally, loathe fruit cake for example.

barefootcook Wed 17-Oct-12 21:28:56

Great- thank you so much elderflowergranita for giving it the thumbs up. I'll have a go this weekend before the kitchen is ripped apart by the builders! You could try too Anste!

Anste Wed 17-Oct-12 23:39:09

I definitely will. I did have a brilliant recipe from a National Trust place we visited, can't remember which one, but it was served with a ploughmans lunch and was so delicious I asked for the recipe, the thing is I've lost it!!!

barefootcook Tue 23-Oct-12 04:23:53

I made it on Saturday - it's so easy. Not sure about the flavour yet but will let you know in about a month.

bucksmum Wed 24-Oct-12 11:44:14

Literally just finished making a batch. - smells wonderful!

Lilymaid Wed 24-Oct-12 11:48:17

I make it - it keeps for years in a kilner jar (2008 batch was finished in 2011).

Elliptic5 Sat 27-Oct-12 22:26:53

Where do you get your allspice berries? I can only find the ground allspice at my local supermarkets. TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now