Talk

Advanced search

cake pops recipe / ideas anyone please?

(7 Posts)
Turquoiseblue Sun 14-Oct-12 12:06:11

AM looking for a recipe for cake pops - want to make and decorate some for a family christening next weekend - have an idea of sticking them all into an oasis and having it as a fun colourful display.
Anyone tried or made them successfully? saw some on Rachel Allen programme where she was doing this but missed the recipe.

scrivette Sun 14-Oct-12 19:01:13

I made some earlier as I was given the machine for my birthday.

125 g butter
125 g sugar
125 g SR flour
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla essence

Cream butter & sugar
Beat in egg
Add vanilla
Fold in flour and add milk

In the machine they cooked for 4 minutes

To decorate I melted white chocolate and dipped them in sprinkles.

Turquoiseblue Sun 14-Oct-12 21:25:51

A machine for cake pops ? biscuit
I don't have one envy
Hmmmm was thinking more or a mixture one could roll into a ball and improvise - suppose mars bars rice crispie s dipped in choc and decorated with sprinkles would be am option maybe.....

Taffeta Sun 14-Oct-12 21:31:12

I buy Sainsbury's basics madeira cake, whizz in food processor then add a few tablespoons Betty Crocker choc fudge frosting.

No way I am making a cake from scratch to then stick it in a food processor hmm

I find Candy Melts the best consistency for dipping. They also come in many gorgeous colours. The cheapest place I have found sells them is Hobbycraft.

MrsWhitaker Wed 24-Oct-12 22:59:54

Exactly what taffeta said. But I thin my candy melts a bit with either vegetable oil or coconut oil

MrsWhitaker Wed 24-Oct-12 23:01:06

Oh and google Bakerella for ideas. She is THE queen of cakepops

Turquoiseblue Thu 25-Oct-12 19:34:27

Well after a bit of a google and a think I got the Betty Crocker devil food cake mix and made it up to a cake - which by the way was amazingly delish and with a flipping superb texture (all my wondrful chocolate cake recipes using 70% cocoa solids etc ... And this was easily one of the easily cakes I ve made - throw on powder and eggs and water lol) added the chic fudge frosting and made it up as cake balls - very successful and fun smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now