Talk

Advanced search

What can I do with samphire?

(9 Posts)
lurcherlover Fri 12-Oct-12 17:51:17

Tesco had some today - I've heard of it but never tried it, so I've bought some. Suggestions for how to cook it/recipes please?

TubbyDuffs Fri 12-Oct-12 17:52:39

Ooh saw them using it on Professional Masterchef once, not sure what they put it with, but is that the one that you have to put in lemony water once cut otherwise it goes brown?

amistillsexy Fri 12-Oct-12 17:54:35

Steam very lightly (or not...mine never gets as far as the steamer- I just eat it out of the packet!) and serve with fish/shellfish.

It tastes of the sea- salty, and delish!

Lucky you! grin

overmydeadbody Fri 12-Oct-12 17:57:09

You just have to steam it and serve with butter melted on top. PReferably with fish.

I have never bought it but we pick it regularly when it is in season and we're camping on the Norfolk coastline. Delish.

NarcolepsyQueen Fri 12-Oct-12 18:21:01

No Tubby - that is artichokes!

MerylStrop Fri 12-Oct-12 18:23:53

steam
butter
hake fillet
heaven

SkivingAgain Fri 12-Oct-12 18:24:25

We've tried it once, steamed and served with salmon - it's really salty though so I think if we tried it again we would only use a small amount mixed in with salad or other veg.

lurcherlover Fri 12-Oct-12 19:08:53

Thanks all, looking forward to trying it!

TubbyDuffs Mon 15-Oct-12 10:18:47

Just googled and I did mix up but I was thinking of salsify! Sorry (knew it started with an s).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now