Talk

Advanced search

Quite urgent lasagne help needed!

(9 Posts)
GorierTechnicolarghhhhh Fri 12-Oct-12 17:10:16

Have just put BBC Good Food's roast veg lasagne in the oven. They said use fresh lasagne and bake 45 mins; I can't get fresh lasagne here, so used normal. On the packet it says pre-cook 4 mins (which I did), then bake the lasagne for 20 mins.

Does this mean my lasagne only needs 20 mins too? Is the BBC GF's timing because of the fresh lasagne sheets??

FrankensteinWippery Fri 12-Oct-12 17:11:03

Carry in as per the recipe - 40-45 minutes perfect.

FrankensteinWippery Fri 12-Oct-12 17:11:23

In? On ffs.

AmazingBouncingFerret Fri 12-Oct-12 17:13:03

I have never precooked dry lasagne sheets too much faff. baking it for 40-45 will be fine. I hate sloppy lasagne anyway!

imperialstateknickers Fri 12-Oct-12 17:14:07

I'd follow the bbc timing, it's all about how big/thick the dish is, and the dried one was probably based around making a meat lasagne out of Dolmio type jars.

GorierTechnicolarghhhhh Fri 12-Oct-12 17:16:38

Thank God for MN. Thanks everyone!

Flippityjig Fri 12-Oct-12 17:25:38

I never precook dry lasagne sheets either, but do leave my lasagne in the oven for about an hour and make sure that all sheets are well covered with sauce.

notjustamummythankyou Fri 12-Oct-12 18:16:06

No, I never pre cook dry lasagne either. I cook mine for around 40/45 mins at 170deg and if it looks like its going a bit too brown on top, then I sometimes stick a bit of foil over the top. I agree with flippity - make sure that you've got a good covering of sauce, other the sheets could go dry around the edges.

GorierTechnicolarghhhhh Fri 12-Oct-12 19:12:49

Thanks again, it came out great. I am a very average cook and never used to pre-cook lasagne sheets either, btw - but I do think they taste better if you do. I got the ones with the crinkly edges after reading (on here) that they're less likely to stick together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now