Talk

Advanced search

Lunch tomorrow for inlaws and bruv in law, what to cook?

(6 Posts)
mumat39 Fri 12-Oct-12 12:30:47

Ok, so I'm not a good cook and it's also DS's 3rd birthday tomorrow so don't want to be stressed in the morning, so what would you recommend I make? It needs to be easy, I mean really easy, and quick to prepare. I always take forever in the kitchen when we have people over. DP nspends all his time catching up and occassionally pops in asking if I need help. It's the same whether it's his family or mine, I'm the one with the stress of cooking for everyone. As you can probably tell I don't enjoy cooking. Anyway, is there an easy peaty option that even I couldn't wreck?

If not I am thinking of getting some of those ready prepared chicken in Parma ham meals and bunging them in the oven, and having those with new potatoes and a salad, one that is also ready prepped. Does that sound alright?

Thanks in advance and sorry for sounding like a misery guts. I'm in need of an easy as possible weekend.

Anste Fri 12-Oct-12 13:06:22

I think that's sound good.

What about roasting a chicken, with jacket potatoes (can be put on oven with chicken) and salad.

Quiche (buy a good one) new pots and salad

mandoo Fri 12-Oct-12 13:14:43

Delia's basque chicken. really easy to make. Prepared in about 20mins bung in oven for 1 hour. serve with salad or on its own. Never fails me and always tasty.

''http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/poultry-and-game/chicken/chicken-basque.html''

mandoo Fri 12-Oct-12 13:15:57

www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/poultry-and-game/chicken/chicken-basque.html

sashh Sat 13-Oct-12 05:46:09

Believe it or not, Duck is very easy.

Get a duck, dry it off with kitchen paper and bung in the oven for 2 hours. It will produce a lot of fat so you need to either drain it off or cook the duck on scrunched up tin foil.

Do the new potatoes and salad.

When you buy the duck buy a bottle of red wine and a jar of morello cherry jam.

Put half the jam and half the wine in a pan and put on a low heat for 10-15 mins - it will thicken into a sauce.

Just chop it in 4 to serve.

mumat39 Mon 15-Oct-12 16:33:51

Thank you all for your help.

DP found some chicken with stuffing wrapped in Parma ham from Tesco that we did. It said serves 8 but we had it all between 5 of us. It was a bit dry but it was a hot meal so that was great.

I'll be trying all your suggestions out so thanks again for all your help. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now