Talk

Advanced search

Abel&Cole Veg Box.

(3 Posts)
Mypopcornface Thu 11-Oct-12 12:07:23

From now on I want to get my groceries online but I hate buying veg online so I'm wondering if it is worth ordering a veg box from Abel & Cole every week?

Poledra Thu 11-Oct-12 12:13:15

Don't know about Abel&Cole, but I get a veg box once a fortnight from Riverford and it's lovely. It's also gets us eating things I probably wouldn't have bought in a supermarket (kale, anyone? With ginger, garlic and soy sauce?). The veg is really fresh and the once or twice I've had a problem with it, they've refunded me (got a bag of spuds once which had been frosted and were all black when you peeled them, f'r'instance. Couldn't tell until you'd peeled them. Got a lovely apology and my money back).

Kingcyrolophosarus Thu 11-Oct-12 12:20:38

i started with abelandcole, but cancelled it

The produce wasn't that good, didn't last that long, went bad quickly

Also, they didn't collect the old boxes, or ice packs, so I would put them out and they would just stay there

And they kept substituting things, and I couldn't necessarily get what i wanted
and I had to remember to go on line and change the order if I wanted to change it

I think it's probably good if you have a big family and will use it all quickly, but there's only 3 of us, and a lot was going to waste

good customer service though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now