Talk

Advanced search

tasty, quick, easy meal ideas please

(9 Posts)
manic4boys Mon 08-Oct-12 15:34:20

Hi
Am looking for some new ideas for slow cooker or easy prep meals to feed a family of 6 over the winter, no one particularly fussy.
Getting bored with my meal ideas and now I'm working every afternoon I need quick easy ideas.
Thanks in advance!

bureni Mon 08-Oct-12 15:42:19

I sometimes make champ if I am busy, boil potatoes the previous day and mash then add a little buttermilk and reheat the next day , add chopped scallions or spring onion to the mix for a simple tasty meal. I sometimes add flaked pan fried mackerel to the potatoes.

KnockKnockPenny Mon 08-Oct-12 16:49:53

Would you like a link to my blog? Its full of recipes, and we are a family of 5 smile

colditz Mon 08-Oct-12 16:53:17

1 large jar ragu
1 large packet of cooking bacon
1 bag of pasta.
1 bag of salad leaves

fry bacon in pan, add ragu sauce and bubble
Meanwhile, cook pasta.

Serve mixed up, with salad.

5madthings Mon 08-Oct-12 16:55:11

Another family with four boys here!

I do a very simple pasta dish that my fuve like. Cook pasta ie penne. In another pan heat a tub of single cream and add chopped up gorgonzola cheese, stir till cheese melts.

Add some frozen.peas to the pasta for the last few mins. Chop.up some 'naice' ham.

Mix pasta and peas with the sauce and add some chopped ham. Done in the time it takes pasta to cook! Tastey and easy!

KnockKnockPenny Mon 08-Oct-12 16:56:25

blog

5madthings Mon 08-Oct-12 16:56:47

knock knock yes please!

5madthings Mon 08-Oct-12 16:57:19

Cross posted! Thankyou smile

Francagoestohollywood Mon 08-Oct-12 17:07:19

My dc (I only have 2, but they eat enthusiastically) are always happy to eat spaghetti alla carbonara, which are super easy and fast to make.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now