Talk

Advanced search

My practically brand new KitchenAid is poorly

(4 Posts)
CollectorOfCookbooks Mon 08-Oct-12 15:21:59

I've only had it for about 2 months and it's hardly been overworked, used maybe 10 or 15 times. Yet it sounds like it's straining - when you increase the speed, it does not sound healthy at all. It's not all the time, it's just some of the time, and enough to make me worry.

This isn't right, is it? I went to a kitchen shop this weekend whilst I was out and about, and they said to call KA not John Lewis - but I need to be able to describe the sound. And seeing as how I have no idea, they said the only thing I could do would do is to record it and play it back.

John Lewis or KA will think I've completely lost the plot if I do that, won't they? I'm hoping this is some commonly known yet easily fixable problem!!

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 08-Oct-12 17:07:17

John Lewis should replace it if it's within the guarantee period and you have the receipt. You don't have to describe the sound, just tell them the motor is straining.

CollectorOfCookbooks Tue 09-Oct-12 06:49:45

I didn't think their advice sounded right! Thanks

Chopstheduck Tue 09-Oct-12 06:58:48

Did you buy it from JL then? I'd just take it back there in that case.

Are the attachements def going in properly? I've had a straining noise when the attachements aren't quite in. They can be buggers to get into place fully - I lubricate it with spray cooking oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now