Talk

Advanced search

Frozen sandwiches

(3 Posts)
Exexe Mon 08-Oct-12 09:57:57

Just to make things easier for a couple of weeks after arrival of dc3, I am stocking up the freezer and wondered about freezing sandwiches for packed lunches.

The dcs like smoked salmon, chicken, deli meat and cheese. Can I make sandwiches/wraps with these and freeze them? Could I freeze them with butter and mayo?

RaspberryLemonPavlova Mon 08-Oct-12 10:17:49

Lots of people say you can and my Mumused to. I remember cheese and pickle and luncheon meat. The memories of the cold luncheon meat is possibly what has stopped me doing it.

I do freeze smoked salmon in flat sandwich portions which makes quick work of a sandwich. (DS2 loves smoked salmon and I have a friend who brings him packets as a present instead of sweets, the other DC get strawberries.)

I'm pretty sure you can freeze any of those things, just don't add salad as it will go soggy when it defrost. I'd do this for upcoming new DC2 but as a vegetarian who loves my sandwiches stuffed with salad I don't think it's gonna work for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now