Talk

Advanced search

Help with birthday cake decoration please!

(5 Posts)
chelseamorning Sun 07-Oct-12 20:27:09

I'm about to start making a chocolate birthday cake for DS's 6th birthday. I've made them previously but they've been decorated in a very simple manner and so didn't look much. This year I'd like to make a bit more of an effort, although I have very limited decorating skills! His birthday party will be at home and it will have a knights and princesses theme.

Could you please give me some ideas for decorating the cake? We don't like buttercream, fondant or icing etc so this is proving a bit of a stumbling block at the mo. hmm

MistyB Sun 07-Oct-12 20:33:31

Use Chocolate fingers cut to different heights to make a castle on the cake plus a couple of play mobile knights?

How about you cover the cake in just melted chocolate with a knob of butter added to keep it softish instead of icing.

Then you can build your decoration on that.

I am away to have a think about the knights/princesses theme. Are you making a round cake or rectangle/square?

chelseamorning Sun 07-Oct-12 20:59:38

Like the choc fingers idea.

The cake can be whatever shape, to be honest. I have round tins and a square tin.

chelseamorning Tue 09-Oct-12 14:18:03

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now