Talk

Advanced search

Help! Cake topper won't come off backing paper

(8 Posts)
Coconutfeet Sun 07-Oct-12 09:34:25

It's ds's party today. I ordered a personalised cake topper printed onto a thin icing sheet. In the instructions it says to dry it with a hairdryer for a minute until it's hard enough to peel off easily. I've done it about six bloody times and it's still not hard. Any tips or do I just have to keep on going with the hairdryer? Thanks!

frootshoots Sun 07-Oct-12 09:50:50

Pop it in a very cool oven for about 10 minutes, say 60*C, and the image should pop off the transfer sheet. The icing is wet which is what is keeping it stuck to the paper, so an oven will dry it out much better than a hair dryer.

Coconutfeet Sun 07-Oct-12 10:09:55

Great, will try that. Thanks. Was starting to feel a bit anxious with visions of having to fashion an alternative at very short notice and with limited ability!

tkband3 Sun 07-Oct-12 10:14:22

Or put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes - I've found that route easier than heating them up.

Rosa Sun 07-Oct-12 10:16:19

Freezer for about a minute then its rigid...the oven route I find it goes floppy ....

Coconutfeet Sun 07-Oct-12 11:35:49

Thanks all. I just popped it in the oven and it's worked a treat.

frootshoots Sun 07-Oct-12 15:14:41

Glad it worked smile never had it fail for me, whereas with the freezer the icing has always built up condensation as it returned to room temp! Hope your ds has a lovely party smile

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 07-Oct-12 15:18:27

I have always just used the freezer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now