Talk

Advanced search

Best family cookbook for adults, toddler and baby?

(10 Posts)
Sutherlandgirl Sat 06-Oct-12 21:12:20

I am sure this has been asked many a time! Whilst I like cooking and have a bit of time to do it as I am on mat leave at the mo, I have no desire to cook three different meals for myself, DH, our 2.5year old DS and DD who is 5.5 months and just started weaning!

Are there any good truly "family" cookbooks out there? The kind where I can cook one meal and adapt easily for a toddler and baby?

I have the Annabel Karmel baby and toddler book but am not a huge fan and neither is DS.

I also prefer recipes that can be made in advance or at least prepared during nap time, as it all gets a but stressful trying to cook when they are both up!

I don't do baby led weaning, appreciate that could be the easier route regarding feeding the baby, but she lacks the co ordination for it at the mo, and has to have solids due to reflux )although obviously she will have finger foods soon).

Thanks!

poppy283 Sat 06-Oct-12 21:14:33

River Cottage baby & toddler cook book is brilliant and exactly what you're after imo!

dizzy77 Sat 06-Oct-12 21:15:36

Might be worth trying the River Cottage baby/toddler book? Sensible food I actually enjoy eating, ideas for adapting recipes to do both purée & blw, and generally quite sensible-home-cooking in a Delia sort of way.

dizzy77 Sat 06-Oct-12 21:16:14

X-post Poppy! Uncanny.

SpookyRumours Sat 06-Oct-12 21:17:04

I quite like fay ripleys family food, there's some great recipes with adaptions for babies and toddlers.

myhandslooksoold Sat 06-Oct-12 21:20:27

Fay Ripley has done a lovely book, which is based on what she cooks for her own young family. Also Rachel Allen is good family cooking. The dinner lady is also a trusted reference book for family food in my house

myhandslooksoold Sat 06-Oct-12 21:21:01

X post spooky!

Sutherlandgirl Sat 06-Oct-12 21:21:57

Ladies thanks so much I will give these a go! Was starting to feel slightly panicky at the thought of spending all night in the kitchen!

Chepstowmonkey Sat 06-Oct-12 21:41:40

I agree that the river cottage baby and toddler book is really useful. The recipes are good for babies and toddlers and i enjoy them all too. Also none of them are very difficult or time-consuming (which helps when tired!). I also use this blog loads - crumbsfeedyourfamily.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
as everything is sooo quick and tasty.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sat 06-Oct-12 21:51:31

This one's slightly poncey but we have used it loads - best fish pie ever
Eat Up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now