Talk

Advanced search

DS1 is really getting into cooking and baking.

(6 Posts)
CuriousMama Wed 03-Oct-12 16:41:01

I bought him some cookery books last week and he's done a couple of the recipes out of them. Tonight he's making meatloaf from one of dp's Delia recipe books. Good old Delia grin I must admit I'm a big fan too.

I'm trying not to bring up dss to be as lazy as me. My mum did everything for me. I'm surprised she didn't wipe my arse and brush my teeth. I never had to lift a finger. I'm the youngest and by the time I was 6 my elder siblings had left home. I was an afterthought and mum had me quite old for that time at 38. Not so old now I know but I'm 44. So she spoiled me. Not good imo.

DS1 (15) can be lazy if allowed to, but once you get him interested he's quite helpful. DS2 (12) is good at helping and isn't lazy, quite the opposite. But he isn't allowed to help ds1 in the kitchen. Mind you it's only a small galley so not enough room tbh.

Anyone else enjoying the culinary delights of their offspring? smile

CuriousMama Wed 03-Oct-12 16:41:57

When I say ds2 isn't allowed, ds1 won't let him. I'm not stopping him.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 03-Oct-12 20:37:37

Yes DS is loving cooking at the moment. dsister has leant him the GBBO from the last series and he loves it.

MarianForrester Wed 03-Oct-12 20:40:06

Yes. DD has discovered a real talent for baking. It's great, am most impressed ( tho getting fattersmile)

Inneedofbrandy Wed 03-Oct-12 20:42:31

My eldest is only 7, very jel of you all being able to just let them get on with it in the kitchen!

CuriousMama Wed 03-Oct-12 23:56:59

I can totally agree with getting fatter, meatloaf certainly won't help my waistline grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now