Talk

Advanced search

Jamie's 15 minutes meals

(5 Posts)
Maria2007loveshersleep Wed 03-Oct-12 08:13:11

This just came in the post yesterday. The meals look gorgeous although I'm doubtful about the 15 minute claim. Differently to the 30 min meal book, there's no desserts here. Anyone got it? Any recipes you've tried?

Whitecherry Wed 03-Oct-12 09:41:19

Is that the one in sainsburys I saw the other day I wonder? I was tempted to buy it!

Whitecherry Wed 03-Oct-12 09:42:15

Where did the link come from with use of the S word?!!

sparkle12mar08 Wed 03-Oct-12 18:02:53

I don't think it's worth the money even at the reduced price. It's all a bit fussy and try-to-hard and there wasn't a single thing that really leapt out at me and inspired me. I'm very disappointed in it tbh. It's also very expensive cooking - and average of £3.80 per head he states, because you don't get fast cooking with cheap economical cuts of meat. The times are also solely for the prep and cooking - it doesn't include pre heating your oven, getting the ingredients out, pre heating all the pots and pans, and having the kettle filled and boiled. My oven takes 10 mins to heat minimum. It's certainly not the case that you can walk into the kitchen and have a meal on the table 15 mins later.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 04-Oct-12 12:18:00

The Book People brought it into work the other day. I had a quick flick through and left it. It is the price of the ingredients that put me off too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now