Talk

Advanced search

What to cook children for tea...inspiration needed

(10 Posts)
shivs1974 Tue 02-Oct-12 13:23:34

Really as the title says....but nothing too spicy. They are 7 and 5 and are generally good eaters.

cyanarasamba Tue 02-Oct-12 13:25:41

My kids fave at the moment and very easy - Pasta mixed with flaked salmon, peas and a dollop of soft cheese.

smoothieooo Tue 02-Oct-12 13:31:05

Baked potatoes and oven baked sausages with bit of salad on the side

Baked potatoes with bowls for them to help themselves to: grated cheese, grated carrot, cooked and chopped bacon, chives, soured cream

Spag (or pasta) bolognaise. Although I do tend to cheat a bit (chop onions and garlic to fry with mince and some herbs but add both a jar of sauce and some chopped tomatoes). Freeze the leftovers for another day.

Um... inspiration has now deserted me!

xxxresixxx Tue 02-Oct-12 13:46:24

What have you got in? Spanish chicken and pasta/rice, lasagne and garlic bread, diy pizza with ready made bases/pitta bread/home made dough?

shivs1974 Tue 02-Oct-12 13:48:28

I was going to pop to the shops after picking them up as nothing grabbed me before I went to work so completely open to suggestions!!

moogalicious Tue 02-Oct-12 13:52:28

jambalaya
fish goujons and chips
fajitas
chilli served in wraps with guacamole and cheese
bolognese
home made burgers
meat balls
pizzas...

Mine have got heinz tomato soup and crusty bread for dinner as we're at swimming lessons til 5.30.

shivs1974 Tue 02-Oct-12 13:56:10

Thank you. We've just flipped from school dinners to packed lunches and it just feels that they have the same type of thing every day.
I'll report back later!!

BikeRunSki Tue 02-Oct-12 14:56:48

Greg's sausage roll and a Fruit Shoot wink

KnockKnockPenny Tue 02-Oct-12 15:42:34

Some of my kids favourites ...

Sweet & Sour pork balls & rice

Macaroni Peas

Tuna pasta

Toad in the Hole

Lentil & Bacon soup

shivs1974 Tue 02-Oct-12 17:59:47

So I went with the Spanish chicken recipe on mumsnet. Went down v well except the addition of butter beans.
But thank you for the other suggestions. Just seems like it's pasta, spag bol etc etc most evenings. I don't find it inspiring...but clearly can't tell them that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now