Talk

Advanced search

Show off dinner party advice, please.

(5 Posts)
perplexedpirate Sun 30-Sep-12 17:42:04

So we're having people over on Saturday for dinner, bit of a celebration as two of them have just got engaged.
Going to do chilli baked feta with melon for starter, and possibly baby beet tarte tatin for the main.
I'm stuck for sides and dessert though.
Any ideas anyone? Also, the tarte tatin isn't a definite ^so if anyone has a go to sensational main course idea that would be gratefully recieved.
Should add I'm vegetarian and constantly getting ribbed about it ^so I want it to be AMAZING to shut them up.
There will be 6 of us.
Thanks in advance. smile

NotmylastRolo Sun 30-Sep-12 19:06:31

Eton Mess! It is the best cheat ever! Just whisk 1 pot organic double cream to soft peaks, mash in (but leave it a bit lumpy) some ready made merringue nests, add washed and halved English strawberries (English are the best), and some raspberries if you want. You can make the whole thing fresh whilst your dinner guests chat after the main. Dollop into service glasses or dishes and drizzle over something exotic (I used M&S blackcurrent sauce I already had in the cupboard). Voila! It has never failed to impress and is so easy peasy.

perplexedpirate Sun 30-Sep-12 20:09:25

Ooh! I love Eton Mess, good thinking. A nice stress free pud too.

mrsvilliers Sun 30-Sep-12 21:17:12

Mary Berry's easy lemon cheesecake has always worked for me. As a main, dela's roasted veg and couscous with harissa style dressing is a good one.

Eggrules Sun 30-Sep-12 21:27:34

Elizabeth David Chocolate Cake I serve with berries and clotted cream.

HFW for veggie sides

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now