Talk

Advanced search

What would you do with a whole roast duck?

(6 Posts)
Susieloo Sat 29-Sep-12 16:37:05

Just roast it and serve it in the usual roast way I.e roast pots etc, or do Chinese pancakes - I have only ever eaten these and have no idea if you can buy the pancakes? Any other ideas?

MrsJohnDeere Sat 29-Sep-12 16:44:41

Sometimes I do it with roast potatoes and veg (something like red cabbage that cuts across the fattiness of duck). More often than not though I do it sort of cHinese style with rice and lts of stir-fried veg. Duck curry can be good too.

Now I want duck for dinner......

stinkymice Sat 29-Sep-12 16:59:02

mmmmmmm going to have to get a duck to roast tomorrow now! We love roast duck with all the usual. Roast spuds, veg, bread sauce, also with cooked beetroot then make gravy with the water YUM!

SecretSquirrels Sat 29-Sep-12 17:54:37

I have done Nigella's recipe which basically involves roasting it very, very slowly. It doesn't matter whether you want to do the Chinese bit with it it's delicious anyway you serve it.

Susieloo Sat 29-Sep-12 19:19:46

Thanks everyone, I think I'll roast it, love the bread sauce with it, I hadn't thought of that, then use whatever is left in a stir-fry or have a look for some Chinese pancakes in Sainsbury's. Thank yousmile

Susieloo Sat 29-Sep-12 19:21:46

Just looked at the nigella link squirrels, looks v easy to do so thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now