Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me with a recipe please?

(13 Posts)
LollipopViolet Tue 25-Sep-12 14:34:00

I saw a fab recipe on Lorraine Pascal's programme on telly for a chicken tikka masala and want to give it a go.

Unfortunately, it's not on the web and I can't remember it properly sad

Would anyone happen to have it written down anywhere?

I'm getting a rare chance to cook for my family (I live at home and they absolutely love cooking so I never get a look in!) and would really like to make a lovely meal for them smile

kekouan Tue 25-Sep-12 14:39:41

Is this the right episode?

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mwxk4

LollipopViolet Tue 25-Sep-12 14:59:51

Haha, yes it is! Thank you smile

Right, I'm going to sit, notepad in hand, and write down the recipe so that I've got it exactly!

I might also test the peanut butter squares - they look soooo good!

Beanbagz Tue 25-Sep-12 15:18:17

Found this on someone's blog. Might save you having to sit with notepad in hand!

LollipopViolet Tue 25-Sep-12 15:20:40

Thank you!

Well, I'm going to give it a go later this week - the last recipe I did, I improvised it and we all liked it, so hopefully this one will be OK as well.

Brickle Wed 26-Sep-12 15:39:47

Seeing as Bean has mentioned Jens Place blog I'm just going to say how good it is and how brilliant it's been with meal planning - thats it, nothing more, it's brill.
And I'm not Jen smile HONESTLY

KnockKnockPenny Wed 26-Sep-12 15:43:27

Don't make it! It is utterly vile! Her recipes are usually so good but this turned out powdery and gloopy.

NettoSuperstar Wed 26-Sep-12 16:44:55

I cook from Jen's blog too, brilliant blog, but that recipe I am not tempted by.
I have her (Jen's) no knead bread rising as I speak.

LollipopViolet Thu 27-Sep-12 16:41:12

Well, we're giving it a go.

My mum helped (smile) and she suggested a few little changes that we've done - cooking the chicken in the spices is the big one. We're also letting it marinate for a while - so it's all done now, just the rice to do later smile

Hopefully, it'll work.

LollipopViolet Sat 29-Sep-12 15:22:26

Right, an update to this smile

It was nice. We need to make some more tweaks to the recipe to get it just to our liking, but I think marinating the dish, and cooking the chicken with all the spices did the trick.

The peanut butter squares, however, needed no modification and have come out fabulously, even using cheapy ingredients smile

I'm now looking through the BBC Food site for more stuff to try smile

googietheegg Sun 30-Sep-12 02:04:51

Oooh please can I have the peanut butter squares recipe?

KnockKnockPenny Sun 30-Sep-12 13:13:47

Its on the blog posted up thread ^ smile

Japple Sun 30-Sep-12 13:31:19

Okay...Here it is. Our "Chicken Tikka Masala" is popular in our catering business.Goto>>>www.VahReyVah.com and grab onto recipes by "Sanjay
Thummus".I love to watch his India cooking videos.He is cute as a bug and a
real informative chef.Jill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now