Talk

Advanced search

Pork recipes, ideas please,

(14 Posts)
quoteunquote Tue 25-Sep-12 12:37:38

I have a freezer full of pork again, and really need some new ideas,

No fussy eaters in this house, so anything goes, and DH loves cooking.

so please share you favourite recipes.

haggisaggis Tue 25-Sep-12 13:15:19

I've only got 2 recipes - both for pork fillet but both quick and easy.

This one www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/d/delia_s_fast_roast_pork_with_rosemary_and_caramelised_apples.html which is dead simple and teh other is a sort of Chinese roast port - I marinade teh fillet in a mixture of soy sauce, grated ginger, crushed garlic and hoisin sauce before either sticking in the oven or on the barbecue for between 30 adn 40 mins. You can baste with teh marinade - adn if you boil up the marinade you can serve it with the pork if you want a sauce. Serve with stir fry veg and rice if you want - also goes well with salad stuffed in pitta bread.

quoteunquote Tue 25-Sep-12 13:19:14

wow, that was fast thanks, they sound great.

HiHowAreYou Tue 25-Sep-12 13:19:21

I did something nice with pork, pot roasted it in red wine and stock with leek and chickpeas and a bit of bramble jelly.

It was lovely.

I can't exactly remember what I did though if I'm honest, so it might have been white wine, or apple jelly. Or butter beans.

I'm useless. blush

quoteunquote Tue 25-Sep-12 13:22:02

no that's great, I will show DH this thread, he will love just the ideas of new combinations.

steben Tue 25-Sep-12 13:23:33

Can't link but google Jamie Oliver Hungarian pork goulash - well worth a go. Also Lorraine pascale does a lovely slow cooked pork as well x

Liveinthepresent Tue 25-Sep-12 13:35:15

Pork chorizo and cannelini bean stew

900 g ish Pork shoulder
Chorizo 250g
2 Red onions
4 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Chilli flakes
2 tins chopped toms

Simmer all this on hob for about an hour covered
Add 1 Tin cannelini beans - uncover abs simmer approximately 30 mins
Serve with crusty bread
grin

Xiaoxiong Tue 25-Sep-12 13:39:23

DH made this a few weeks back and it was delicious - it froze very well as well: www.riverford.co.uk/feed/in:recipes/slow-cooked-pork-in-beer-with-beans-greens/

Nigel Slater has a lovely recipe in the Kitchen Diaries for roast pork belly on a bed of potatoes tossed with lemon slices and fennel seeds. The potatoes go all sticky and wonderful as the whole thing roasts together.

Delia's Frugal Food has a pork chop boulangere recipe - basically sliced potatoes and onions, layered on top of pork chops that have been seasoned and browned, and then a mixture of stock and milk poured over and baked.

quoteunquote Tue 25-Sep-12 13:43:44

this is great we might even get through it all before the next lot is ready.

iseenodust Tue 25-Sep-12 13:49:10

Do the chinese thing with fried minced pork, garlic, ginger etc then eat wrapped in Iceberg (has to be crunchy) lettuce leaves.

Stuff pork fillet with stuffing! and wrap in bacon/parma ham then roast.

Leftover cooked pork into sauce of tomato passata, garlic, celery, slug red wine & tin black-eyed beans - v quick & cheap.

nipitinthebud Tue 25-Sep-12 14:00:49

I was just going to suggest Yuk Sung/Soong and see iseenodust has already done it (lettuce and minced pork). Tis lovely!

TheArmadillo Tue 25-Sep-12 14:32:05

this is one of our favourites especially served with oven baked bubble and squeak. Easy to do as well.

quoteunquote Tue 25-Sep-12 14:47:45

I'm putting these all in a pork file to circulate to the rest of the syndicate.

so massive thanks everyone, just brilliant.

iseenodust Tue 25-Sep-12 15:31:10

nipit you get points for remembering what it's called.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now