Talk

Advanced search

Masses of leftover pot roasted beef - ideas for use please

(9 Posts)
Taffeta Sun 23-Sep-12 17:19:47

So I pot roasted a silverside today and have masses left.

Other than cold roast beef sarnies, ideas for use welcomed. I read somewhere it makes a good ragu but wouldn't know how to do this beyond blitzing it in the food processor.

Some kind of family meal ( ie no chillis ) would be good, ideas appreciated.

PrincessOfChina Sun 23-Sep-12 17:22:07

I'd do bolognese with it nowadays. Back in the day we'd have had it with chips (crinkle cut) and gravy on a Monday.

Taffeta Sun 23-Sep-12 17:23:16

OK really stupid q. I've only ever made bolognese with raw mince, how do you do it with cooked?

NormaStanleyFletcher Sun 23-Sep-12 17:25:53

Shred it into cottage pie. That is what cottage pie was originally made from

Ragwort Sun 23-Sep-12 17:27:57

We like it heated gently with barbeque sauce (either home made or bottle blush), serve with baked potatoes, yum. smile

Zhx3 Sun 23-Sep-12 17:32:04

Oh yum! Break it up and stir fry it with green beans, some sliced chillies, soy sauce and a pinch of sugar!

Taffeta Sun 23-Sep-12 17:34:25

Cottage pie is DS's fave but we had it on Friday!

I like the sound of the BBQ sauce slow cook with baked pots smile

Ragwort Sun 23-Sep-12 17:36:57

Enjoy ................. that's what I'm doing for DS tonight <while I stick to a slimming world recipe sad).

NimpyWindowMash Sun 23-Sep-12 17:37:45

It will makes fantastic bolognese. Do bolognese as you normally would but add the meat towards the end because it doesn't need browning obviously.
eg fry onions, garlic, mushrooms, then add tomatoes, red wine if you have some hanging around, and the chopped up beef. Simmer for 10 minutes or more. Mmm, have it with tagliatelle, my mouth is watering now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now