Talk

Advanced search

Any recipes for jelly with vege gel?

(4 Posts)
oricella Fri 21-Sep-12 07:43:38

I've never made jelly before in my life and DD has her heart set on some for her birthday party. I have a packet of vege-gel, but now what do I do with it? Does anyone have any tried and tested recipes for a complete jelly novice?

PurpleGeekyGirl Tue 02-Oct-12 09:55:28

I'd ditch the vegegel and go to an asian store and get halal jelly crystals instead (some larger tescos/supermarkets sell them too) as well as Holland and Barrett.

RubberNeckerNicker Tue 02-Oct-12 10:02:07

Haven't tried Vege Gel, but have used these crystals before. They don't taste exactly the same as jelly and it turns out a bit opaque, but we all like the taste of it and to the kids it's just jelly. Works in the same way as regular jelly. For my DDs party I got some oranges cut in half, squeezed the juice and used it in the jelly, then scraped out the inside and filled with the made jelly liquid then put in the fridge to set. We decorated them with cocktail sticks and paper to make little boats (pirate theme), but you could top with whipped cream or more fruit or sprinkles etc.

oricella Sat 06-Oct-12 21:21:42

belated thanks - only just seen the replies; I improvised with lots of fruit, ribena and the vege-gel and it came out perfect - very little left at the end of the party. Couldn't tell you now how I did it though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now