Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Good cake tins

(8 Posts)
storminabuttercup Thu 20-Sep-12 13:12:26

My mum has asked me to think of something I really want for Christmas, i love baking but my tins are rubbish, so said id love some new ones. My loaf ones are fine, they are over 60 years old so proper quality, but I have no idea what constitutes a good tin, any experts who can advise please?

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 20-Sep-12 13:57:55

I'm by no means an expert, but I am very enthusiastic, will that do?!

Lakeland I love, and they have a great range. My 'standard-shaped' ones I've used loads, and they wash and wear well. And they're Buy 1, Get 2nd half price. I also like Mermaid, and Silverwood.

amyboo Thu 20-Sep-12 14:02:03

I second lakeland - they're nice sturdy tins that don't flex with baking. All non-stick and I've found the coating to last really well. They have a fab selection of sizes, loose bottom tins, etc etc.

storminabuttercup Thu 20-Sep-12 16:01:34

Brilliant we've got a Lakeland near here too!! (just opened I've resisted so far) thanks!

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 20-Sep-12 18:46:11

Word of caution though - they're addictive. You will henceforth find that you NEED more: new sizes or shapes of cake / pie / tart tin. Then you'll need storage for tins.

You have been warned.

midori1999 Thu 20-Sep-12 18:59:21

It depends what sort of thing you want to bake!

Invicta are professional quality and very good. Or Silverwood do a 12" square multi tin which means you can bake a square sponge any size (square or rectangle) up to 12" or bake 4 6" cakes at once. Or you can buy extra dividers and bake mini cakes in it.

sparkle12mar08 Fri 21-Sep-12 20:09:14

Silverwood every time - beautifully made and British too. Wouldn't bother with Lakeland personally, not sturdy enough in their MyKitchen range and over priced too.

LizzieMint73 Tue 25-Sep-12 09:17:57

Costco have a really nice set for about £25. Theres a baking tray, two round ones to do a victoria sponge, a muffin tin and a square brownie style tin.

Really nice heavy quality and non stick. Excellent value too as each item would probably cost at least £10 each if bought separately from naice cookshops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now