Talk

Advanced search

When US recipes say "refrigerated crescent roll dough" ...

(10 Posts)
YouthworkersWife Mon 03-Sep-12 12:16:59

what do they mean?

I'm thinking maybe puff pastry? Am I even on the right track?

Thanks in advance,

Youthworker's Wife

KnockKnockPenny Mon 03-Sep-12 12:23:01

They mean croissant dough! They call those cresecent rolls over there. You can buy tins of it in Asda with the other pastry stuff.

YouthworkersWife Mon 03-Sep-12 12:29:09

Okay - have done a quick search on Tesco and can't find anything that looks similar! So is it tinned dough? Does it have a specific name?

Sorry to be a pain - I am just confused. I never thought that croissants came in tins ...

unravellingthemystery Mon 03-Sep-12 12:38:43

I've seen it in Tesco. It is sort of a cardboard can with metal top and bottom and you twist it open. It is in the fridge with chilled pastry etc.

I'm intrigued to know what recipe you are making.

unravellingthemystery Mon 03-Sep-12 12:39:44

www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/tesco-price-comparison/home_baking/jus_rol_croissants_6_per_pack_250g.html

here

MissKeithLemon Mon 03-Sep-12 12:55:57

One of the first words to learn in the 'Tricolore'(?) french book was Croissant = crescent shaped roll how weird I rememebr that after 30 years

YouthworkersWife Mon 03-Sep-12 13:33:23

Thanks for the link ... I now know vaguely what I am looking for! I guess I never considered buying croissants in anything other than the ready-made form so I never knew that croissant-dough existed. Then the "crescent roll" thing just confused me. Don't the Americans just call them croissants too?

Oh, I've been given a recipe for some sort of tomato/cheese pinwheel thingy which says 'crescent roll dough', hence the confusion.

kmcallister Mon 04-Aug-14 14:59:30

nomemade-recipes.blogspot.com.tr/2013/01/best-rolls-ever.html?m=1 this is a recipe for crescent rolls

Pennyyb Sat 14-Jan-17 21:34:17

Pillsbury croissant dough in the fridges at the supermarket.

iklboo Sat 14-Jan-17 21:37:30

Americans call them cross-ants.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: