Talk

Advanced search

places for breakfast in london

(8 Posts)
helenmh Wed 12-Dec-01 15:08:07

Can anyone recommend a good place for brekfast. We are arriving in kings cross at 8am and travelling over to Earls court so anywhere on route on the tube would be great. We have boys aged 8 and 10
thanks alot

Ems Wed 12-Dec-01 18:35:49

Helnmh, how about one of the big hotels near Kings Cross (dont know any I'm afraid, just an idea).

bossykate Wed 12-Dec-01 19:47:06

I would try a Pret a Manger. They have breakfast sandwiches, baguettes, as well as muffins, croissants etc plus muesli and yoghurt combo, fruit salad... Plenty of juices and smoothies if you don't want to load up the kids with caffeine! I have checked their website at www.pret.com and it looks like a convenient branch for you would be Baker St - get on the circle line at King's Cross and hop off at Baker St, get back on the tube at Baker St to head towards Earl's Ct.

JJ Thu 13-Dec-01 09:25:16

There's a great, kid friendly restaurant called "Giraffe" in Islington at 29-31 Essex Rd. It's really excellent and worth the small trip. They open at 9am on Saturday (just rang and checked). Here's how to get there:
Go on the southbound Northern Line to Angel. It's one stop from King's Cross -- the signs for the southbound trains will say "to Old Street, London Bridge and something else".
At Angel, exit the tube station and head straight. It's a slight right, but as long as you don't turn left, you're ok.
Stay on your side of the street and keep walking past where the road splits into Upper Street and Essex Road. You will be on Essex Road.
After you've passed Tesco Express on your right, cross at the next zebra crossing and keep heading in the same direction.
Giraffe is on your left-- it's orange.

They have fruit smoothies, great pancakes and full English breakfasts, smoked salmon with scrambled eggs on toast and are seriously the most kid friendly place ever.

If you would jog right at Duncan St (by the York Pub about a block up from the tube stop) and head up Islington High Street, then through the pedestrian street, you'll walk through Camden Passage which has an antiques market and a toy store. You'll end up at Tesco Express. (I had a link to a map, but it wasn't working and VERY long, so I deleted it. You can look at streetmap.co.uk and search for Essex Road, N1 to see the area)

It's a little out of your way, but a great place.

helenmh Thu 13-Dec-01 14:56:45

thanks alot for all the wonderful ideas
helen

emmagee Thu 13-Dec-01 21:31:26

There is a Giraffe on or near Marylebone High Street which would be more on your route, also a lovely Patisserie Valerie

helenmh Mon 07-Jan-02 14:42:05

We had a great day out. We had a wonderful breakfast at Giraffe and evening meal at cafe fish near the back of County hall. This was also delicous.Thanks everyone for your ideas

Ems Mon 07-Jan-02 15:42:09

Glad it went well Helenmh, talking of County Hall, I read in one of the weekend papers, that the Travel Lodge/Inn at CH is the best place to stay in London with children; value, location, family rooms etc.

I also read that Holiday Inns have a 'sale' on at the mo, last for stays until March (may have to book in Jan though) and is from £25pp.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: