Talk

Advanced search

tiramisu recipe

(7 Posts)
binker Sun 30-Nov-03 18:38:57

my mum has lost her recipe for tiramisu - I assured her that Mumsnetters would come up with one ....

kmg1 Sun 30-Nov-03 18:54:24

3 egg yolks
2 oz caster sugar
8 oz mascarpone
2 egg whites
5 fl oz very strong espresso
3 tbsp rum (or similar)
1 x 125g pkt sponge fingers
2 oz plain choc, chopped
1 level dsp cocoa powder

kmg1 Sun 30-Nov-03 18:58:34

beat egg yolks with sugar on high speed for c.3 mins, til forms light, pale mousse.

In lge separate bowl stir mascarpone to soften, then gradually beat in egg-yolk mixture. Between each addition beat well. Then wash and dry whisk.

In a third separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold them into the mascarpone mixture and put the bowl to one side.

Mix coffee and rum and dip sponge fingers briefly into it.

I make this in a large rectangular dish: Tiramisu tastes fantastic, but doesn't look great. If you must you can make it in cocktail glasses.

Layer the sponge fingers, followed by mascarpone mix, then chopped choc. Then repeat. Finish with dusting of cocoa powder.

Cover with cling film and chill for several hours.

This is my favourite dessert ever, and I am starving now!

binker Mon 01-Dec-03 12:21:01

thanks v much kmg1 - will pass it to her

binker Mon 23-Feb-04 09:56:45

meant to say ages ago that mum made this and we had it on Boxing day - really delicious,so thank you kmg1

roisin Mon 23-Feb-04 13:57:51

Glad you enjoyed it binker (I've had an identity change - used to be kmg1!) I made it recently for a dinner party, and it went down very well ... afterwards dh told me that one of the guests was lifelong teatotal ... Ho hum

bunnyrabbit Tue 24-Feb-04 11:38:54

Hey! Very similar to the recipe I use except I use a slightly different method. I use Masala (type of sherry) instead of rum and add a pinch of nutmeg.... DH loves tiramisu even though he doesn't like coffee?? Strange.....

BR

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: