Talk

Advanced search

Your best banana recipes please.....and no not banana split....

(13 Posts)

So I need some recipes with cooked banana in so I can started reintroducing it to dd and monitor how she reacts.

Any ideas?

mrspnut Fri 24-Feb-12 19:51:57

Banana and chocolate loaf cake. I just got a recipe online but it is squiggly and delicious.

FidgetPie Fri 24-Feb-12 19:56:52

Banana bread, there is a lovely recipe on the BBC website if you google 'banana bread BBC fairtrade' (their non-fairtrade recipe has complicated things like buttermilk in, that we don't have at home) its got dried fruit in it as well - yummy.

DilysPrice Fri 24-Feb-12 20:04:15

Heston Blumenthal's dried banana chip and bacon cookies grin
But banana bread is good too. Or I have a great carrot cake recipe which is heavy on the bananas if you want.

smartiesrule Fri 24-Feb-12 20:05:48

Does it have to be cooked?

Does have to be cooked at tge moment but will need some uncooked ones for later.

Yes please to the carrot cake one grin

Thanks for all the ideas think I might have to try all of them thanks

PurpleKittyKnitting Fri 24-Feb-12 21:41:00

I love making and eating banana flapjack!

lilacclery Sat 06-Oct-12 09:27:44

Banana Oat Pancakes
60g porridge oats
2 bananas
1 egg and 1 egg white
Blitz with hand blender makes 9 small pancakes

mrsvilliers Sat 06-Oct-12 20:29:43

Those pancakes sound good! I've got a recipe for low sugar banana bread online actually http://www.toddler-recipes.co.uk/banana-bread.html. Not sure how old your dd is, I'm trying not to turn my ds into a sugar addict like his mother...

shrinkingnora Sat 06-Oct-12 20:46:42

Dan Lepard banana fudge cookies are amazing.

Gimblinginthewabe Sat 06-Oct-12 20:48:19

banana cake!

ivykaty44 Sat 06-Oct-12 20:49:14

Banana Loaf – Best Ever

4oz butter
4 oz brown sugar (use any color)
1 egg
1Ilb banana
3 tbsp yogurt, any flavor or plain or crème fraise
1 tsp vanilla ess
8 oz plain flour
1 tsp bicarb
1 tsp cinnamon
4 oz raisins

Gas 4 oven with shelf in middle
Grease and line a 7x11 loaf tin

Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together – or put in food processor and push button. Then add egg and beat till smooth. Add banana’s if doing by hand mash first, if in and push processor then just chop them into the bowl button. Add yogurt and vanilla essence.

Sift in the flour, bicarb, cinnamon and push button or stir.

Finally add the raisins (don’t push button as the raisins will disappear!!) just mix in with a spoon and then pour the mixture into the bread /loaf tin and level off with a shake and put in the oven for one hour and twenty mins – check a cocktail stick comes out clean and it is cooked.

Turn out and let it cool. Then cut into slices and put each slice in a freezer bag – pop in the freezer and use when required Ideal for pack – ups as the slice of loaf will have defrosted by lunch time.

Try using dried blueberries or cranberries instead or aswell as the sultanas. This cake does keep well in a tin and will mature with age – if ever allowed.

I made it this week and didn't have yogurt or creme fraich so put in a couple of tablespoons of milk and it was still lovely and lasted all of three days.

This is more loaf than cake, it is moist and not lights or dry

MrsJamin Sat 06-Oct-12 20:56:17

Banana, chocolate and oat cake- lovely and v easy. Just make with tesco value plain chocolate. Make it all the time to use up overripe bananas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now