Talk

Advanced search

When does brandy go out of date?

(8 Posts)
2anddone Thu 22-Dec-11 16:48:01

Hi I have somehow ended up with half my family calling round on boxing day and my gran is also coming. At Christmas she always likes a bit of brandy in her coffee so I was wondering will the opened bottle I have in the cupboard but not used for 2 years be ok in the coffee or should I buy a new bottle which seems a waste but I would just get a minature one iyswim.
TIA

OP’s posts: |
DeeOfTheNorthPole Thu 22-Dec-11 16:49:53

Never!

At least not in this house....there are a couple of bottles that get 'dusted off' and only come out at Christmas....blush

BloooCowWonders Thu 22-Dec-11 19:38:14

Agree never!

You could always follow your gran's fine example and drink
Your coffee the same way. I love a 'spiked' coffee on winter evenings but often use rum as it's cheaper smile. Would happily switch to your brandy if it were available...

storminabuttercup Thu 22-Dec-11 21:30:23

I've just used some I bought about two years ago, it's fine! And i'm fussy about using stuff I've had ages! I love brandy in coffee!

geogteach Fri 23-Dec-11 17:17:28

Just finished a bottle FIL bought in Teneriffe, he has been dead 10 years and too ill to travel for a couple before that so at least 12 years then. We only really use it for lighting the pudding or feeding the christmas cake.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 23-Dec-11 19:05:08

It will be fine, there is literally nothing in it apart from alcohol so nothing to go off.

aristocat Sat 24-Dec-11 16:04:09

Agree it will be OK

Codygreen5 Sat 29-Dec-18 18:15:21

So is ok to drink the brandy if its not been drank for few years and opened plus has it got a out of date sign x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »