Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know if I can freeze Ardennes pate?

(6 Posts)
rubbishonlineshopper Fri 11-Nov-11 15:08:35

I ventured into the world of online shopping today, and managed to buy myself a kilo of pork pate by accident - I didnt realise it was from the deli counter, and the website sneakily showed the price per 100g, then added 1 kilo to my basket when I clicked to add it.

Anyway, none of us like pate to the extent we want to be eating it for every meal, so I wondered if anyone knows if you can freeze it?

Will pay more attention in future......

OP’s posts: |
Sciencegeekmum Sun 13-Nov-11 12:47:20

Yes you can. Portion it out first, then freeze in cling film. I'd say it would last a month but I have been known to eat it after that! Just don't want to cause food poisoning for your family...

virgiltracey Mon 14-Nov-11 18:55:05

yes it'll be fine for ages. I'm not very good at labelling stuff in the freezer and assume that most stuff will be ok if its frozen. I've had pate frozen for five months and its been fine. just defrost and have a good sniff!!

Grannypower Tue 22-Jan-19 00:22:54

I have 4 beautiful granddaughters and 3 great nieces. That equals 7 funny, happy,and cherished bundles of mischief!! You should see them play 'Twister' together!! How lucky am I?

Nousernameforme Tue 22-Jan-19 14:57:56

Op have you not thought about cancelling the order or just editing it?
You usually have up until the day before delivery to do so if its a supermarket shop

Tigerpaws57 Thu 31-Jan-19 16:10:46

Umm, very lucky grannypower. Do they eat a lot of pate then?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »