Talk

Advanced search

help - lost my recipe for amaretti, chocolate and apple ..

(8 Posts)
Mercedes Fri 30-Dec-05 19:46:06

I've volunteered to make a dessert for a new year's day dinner and lost the photocopy I was given 10 years ago with the recipe.
It included from memory chocolate, amaretti biscuits, apple, pumkin I think and possibly raisins. It wasn't a cheesecake but you stuck it in the oven after adding eggs ( can't remember if yolks, whites or both) and it sort of set like a custard.
Does this strike a chord? Any suggestions?
I've tried googling the recipe but don't get anywhere that contains all the above.

TreeFuses Fri 30-Dec-05 19:46:57

Message withdrawn

TreeFuses Fri 30-Dec-05 19:52:38

Message withdrawn

Mercedes Fri 30-Dec-05 21:18:30

Thank you, Thank you.
What a geat recipe this is. If I can't get pumpkin- any suggestions for a substitute? Mind you there's so much in this torte that I don't suppose it matters.

trefusis Mon 02-Jan-06 19:45:05

Message withdrawn

Mercedes Mon 02-Jan-06 22:40:37

It was yum - I can't remember why I stopped making this. I stuck in extra apples so it became appley and it was fine. I also realised that I had picked up prunes rather than figs but I chucked them in anyway.
My dp scoffed when I asked for mumsnet help but he looked really impressed at the speed of your response TreeFuses.
Ta mucho.

trefusis Mon 02-Jan-06 22:49:57

Message withdrawn

Mercedes Sat 26-Mar-16 13:58:55

Hi

9 years later I want to make my sorta again but the response with the recipe has been blanked out. Does anyone know this recipe?

I have made it since but not for ages and never wrote it down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now