Talk

Advanced search

Friends coming for lunch tomorrow, what shall I cook?

(8 Posts)
Raggydoll Mon 24-Oct-11 15:00:23

That's it really, not sure what to do. In the past I have done roast pork rolls, buffet style, roast dinner, pasta bake...

It will be 2 adults and 3 dc's aged around 6/7.

Thanks

blowninonabreeze Mon 24-Oct-11 15:03:08

How about quiche? With jacket potatoes and salad? It's my fail safe with families coming to lunch, because it can all be prepared in advance, most kids eat jacket potatoes even if they don't fancy the quiche.

Pascha Mon 24-Oct-11 15:04:33

Fish pie

Chinese/Indian picky stuff from the deli - spring rolls,prawn toast, or samosas and bhajis

Pizza and garlic bread

Catsmamma Mon 24-Oct-11 15:05:31

Homemade sausage rolls, plus salad or beans

Individual Fish Pies, bake a potato, cut off top, scoop out centre, mix with some fish/herbs/cremefraiche/cheese, refill skins and bake into oven to reheat, I saw this idea in Olive magazine a couple of months back an have been dying to try it out! :D

Chicken Pies?? You can go the whole hog and make it all from scratch or use that pie filling and ready roll, a big one or individual ones. Plus if you mix in some herbs or stilton, no one will even quibble about the pie filling :D

bagelmonkey Mon 24-Oct-11 15:06:52

Another vote for fish pie.

Raggydoll Mon 24-Oct-11 15:31:00

Thanks for the ideas, fish pie it is then. The jacket pot pie sounds like an easy option! Now just to decide on what to eat now. grin

Pascha Mon 24-Oct-11 15:41:53

Beans on toast.

Pascha Mon 24-Oct-11 15:42:31

Or tomato suoup

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now