Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration needed - Pork shoulder steaks

(9 Posts)
Jcee Sat 22-Oct-11 13:59:31

We are on a eat up the stuff in the freezer month and I've found a pack of pork shoulder steaks but can't think of anything to do with them - anyone inspire me?

No fussy eaters and have slow cooker

Thanks

fergoose Sat 22-Oct-11 14:16:49

we had this the other day and it was lovely

www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/e/essential_pork_ragu.html

fergoose Sat 22-Oct-11 14:17:33

but I didn't bother with their sauce, just did pepper, garlic tomato sauce with oregano.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PandaG Sat 22-Oct-11 14:41:27

chop 2 onions, put in bottom of slow cooker. layer in pork steaks, couple of apples peeled and sliced on top, couple of sweet potatoes sliced on top of that. tsp cinnamon, tbsp brown sugar, pour in apple juice or dry cider 1/4 way up the contents of the slow cooker. Cook all day.

good with mash and green veg.

Jcee Sat 22-Oct-11 16:36:30

Oooo thanks - all these sound good

timidviper Sat 22-Oct-11 16:39:46

I sometimes grill them then when done put thinly sliced apples on top and a slice of cheese over that and back under grill until bubbling. Could also use sweet chilli sauce as well as or instead of apple

Jcee Sun 23-Oct-11 19:17:05

I did PandaG's recipe and it was fab - definitely one for my recipe book - thanks a lot! smile

PandaG Tue 25-Oct-11 10:55:33

pleasure, glad you liked it. Is so easy too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now