Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pork mince, I have a ton of the stuff what do I do aprt from meatballs and burgers??

(20 Posts)
Shinyshoes1 Fri 21-Oct-11 10:12:44

Special offer on the Finest Pork mince form Tesco resulted in me buying 12 packets of the stuff hmm

Can I mix it with minced beef to make cottage pie?

What can I do with 12 packets of it ?

SecretNutellaFix Fri 21-Oct-11 10:17:03

Meatloaf?
Pork pies?
Mince it even finer and do your own sausage rolls?

fergoose Fri 21-Oct-11 10:17:20

makes a lovely lasagne or mix half and half with minced beef for bolognese.

suburbandream Fri 21-Oct-11 10:22:31

Chilli con carne, cottage pie, lasagne, spag bol - why the need to mix it with beef mince? I've used pork, beef, lamb and even turkey mince for all of the above!

DamselInDisarray Fri 21-Oct-11 10:25:32

Spiced pork omelette

Fragrant pork and aubergines

Cretons

Pork and nori soup

pork and cabbage rolls

fergoose Fri 21-Oct-11 10:25:52

yes so have I, but many bolognese recipes say to use half beef half pork.

iskra Fri 21-Oct-11 10:27:50

made this www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9319/pork-tacos the other day on an MN recomendation, it was very good!

toughdecisions Fri 21-Oct-11 10:35:26

You can make that Chinese dish called Yuk something !?!

You just have to remember to keep it a dry dish. Fry the mince add a little spring onion, garlic, ginger, nam pla sauce, lime juice, chilli to your taste. Serve straight away in crispy whole Iceberg lettuce leaves. It really is the most easy of meals.

Shinyshoes1 Fri 21-Oct-11 10:38:11

ooooh ladies, some fab ideas there, thanks muchly , I was worried my family would be lumbered with pork mince meatballs for eternity grin

Theala Fri 21-Oct-11 10:40:46

Yuk Sung, tough. I was just about to post a recipe for it, but I see you already have. grin

DamselInDisarray Fri 21-Oct-11 10:43:28

There are also squillions of recipes for pork dumpling or spring roll type dishes. And loads of different ways to flavour and serve meatballs (so as not to be boring).

toughdecisions Fri 21-Oct-11 13:26:39

Theala thanks for the reminder. I'm afraid with a young DS we never get past the Yuk part without hysterics.

gastrognome Fri 21-Oct-11 19:01:11

Sausage rolls!

Thefoxsbrush Fri 21-Oct-11 19:03:42

Lovely with ol del paso taco's

StoneBaby Fri 21-Oct-11 19:38:50

Fish Fragant Aubergines

Mapo Tofu

Asian food but lovely and my DS loves it (most of the time)

40notTrendy Fri 21-Oct-11 19:43:50

I mix pork mince with egg, breadcrumbs and loads of Parmesan, then make meatballs, wrap the mince around an olive. There's a delia recipe for a terrine with pork mince I think.

drowninginlaundry Fri 21-Oct-11 19:48:15

Donna Hay's spicy pork noodles it's lush, you can be creative and improvise this

lilolilmanchester Sat 22-Oct-11 18:08:44

I would honestly just use it to make anything you would otherwise use beef mince for e.g. chilli, bolognese, lasagne, meatloaf, meatballs. Just been trying to find a lovely pie recipe I made once with pork mince and apple... can't find it, will keep looking

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 22-Oct-11 18:56:20

Delia's pork cannelloni, complete divine and freezes.

lostlady Sat 22-Oct-11 19:01:31

Sphag Bol: fry celery, carrot, onion, mushroom, then pancetta and pork mince, add big glug red wine, loads tomato puree, bit of chilli; bubble away adding rest of bottle of wine ( or what you think!) for ages, add dash of cream & serve.

Also, meatballs in sour cream sauce: yummy, don't have recipe to hand, but google? Serve with tagliatelle

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now