Talk

Advanced search

Halloween party food for Diabetics.

(5 Posts)
Pigleychez Thu 20-Oct-11 16:50:27

I am having a toddler halloween party for my DD's. One of DD1's friends is diabetic and I want to make sure there's plenty of stuff she can have without feeling excluded.
Im not one for giving my kids lots of sugar anyway but after ideas of appropriate foods.

My foods plans so far were mini pizzas, shaped sandwiches,sausage rolls, crisps, cucumber/carrot sticks.... some sort of halloween cakes/biscuits and some fruit (possibly haloween shaped/related?)

Any other ideas?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 20-Oct-11 17:04:16

Diabetic-friendly = natural and slow-release foods. Meat and other proteins are fine as are vegetables, fats and moderate amounts of fruit. The one to offer alternatives to are the processed/refined carbohydrates like white bread, crisps and pastry. Alternatives could be wholegrain bread/pizza/pasta, oatcakes with toppings etc.

laptopdancer Sat 22-Oct-11 16:51:28

Totallt depends on her insulin...mum should be able to tell you

itchywitch Sun 23-Oct-11 00:19:33

I also suggest asking her mum. Type 1s can generally eat what they want and just compensate with more/less insulin (its not like an allergy) but as she's a kid, its best to ask her mum.

MelBanks Wed 03-Oct-12 18:00:54

My mother is a diabetic and she only uses Tiana Coconut Nectar. I did a lot of research and this is the best out of all sugar replacements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now