Talk

Advanced search

What can I make for dinner with beef mince?

(11 Posts)
Beaverfeaver Thu 20-Oct-11 13:21:59

DP has been away this week and coming home tonight. I want to make nice dinner for him.

His favourite is curry so I bought all the stuff yesterday to make one for him, but when he called me last night he had been out for a curry.

I am currently lying on sofa in duvet with eyes and everything streaming feeling very sorry for myself, so don't fancy goin to the shops.

I currently have beef mince in the fridge. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I could cook?
My usual beef meals are spaghetti, chili, or cottage pie, so wanting something else...

winnybella Thu 20-Oct-11 13:23:10

lasagna?

FearTricksPotter Thu 20-Oct-11 13:24:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheLittlestNarwhal Thu 20-Oct-11 13:24:32

Meatballs? Lovely in tomato sauce and you can spice it up a bit with chillies to help your cold.

Hope you feel better soon.

TheLittlestNarwhal Thu 20-Oct-11 13:25:09

Great minds think alike FTP

PootlingAndDoodling Thu 20-Oct-11 13:25:23

Well imo you cannot beat Cottage Pie this time of year - with carrots in <drools>

How about making them into big manly oniony peppery burgers?

or get takeaway if you feel like crap....

Tortington Thu 20-Oct-11 13:27:06

quesedillas

mince, whatever veg, tomato 1/2 can tomato - or some tom puree, chilli powder if you have it

stick in a pan and cook it - its that simple

then dry fry a tortilla wrap on one side then flip and fold and fry each half

you then have a quesedilla

thats what i'm having or tea....v. low carb doncha know see www.carbfree.wordpress.com

MartyrStewart Thu 20-Oct-11 13:28:23

This is yummy - one of my favourite mince dishes.

Tenebrist Thu 20-Oct-11 13:28:27

Jamie Oliver does a pretty good burger recipe made with beef mince. It's basically sauteed onions mixed with the mince, an egg, parmesan, bit of mustard, carraway seeds (or is it cumin?), breadcrumbs, shape then chill for an hour, then fry.

Beaverfeaver Thu 20-Oct-11 13:30:01

Loving all these suggestions.

I've never made a lasagne though, so I might struggle with that.

Burgers are a good shout and I love Mexican food, do quesadillas sound good too.

I will probably fall back to the cottage pie in the end though as i know how much he loves it.

4merlyknownasSHD Thu 20-Oct-11 13:30:34

Meatballs: Tin of chopped tomatoes, half a pint of beef stock (OXO or Knorr) then make meatballs with crumbled bread (not bread crumbs) and chopped onion and brown in a pan before adding tomato/stock mix and putting in the oven on Gas 4 (180 deg.C) for about 50 minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now