Talk

Advanced search

Any idea what I can make with all this bloody homemade roast pepper hummus?

(4 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Wed 19-Oct-11 22:53:29

I was beguiled by this stupid book hmm to make a tub of homemade roast pepper hummus. It is not that great and there is far more than the three of us can eat in the next couple of days. As it contains: chickpeas, tahini, garlic, cumin, lemon juice and roast peppers, I'm wondering if I can use it as a kind of batter, maybe put something a bit more solid in it and fry up dollops ... Any suggestions?

(Another recipe from the stupid book is a chickpea loaf thing, which is chickpeas, onion, coriander (fresh and ground), chilli and eggs, which has given me the idea of using it to cook something else.)

Oh, DH is veggie.

lostlady Wed 19-Oct-11 22:55:31

Could you roll it into felafel type things, fry and serve in pitta with yoghurt, coriander and salad?

DitaVonCheese Wed 19-Oct-11 23:10:04

Ooh, that could work. Wonder if it needs some flour or something just to make it a bit firmer. And/or some cubed courgette maybe <ponders>

MackerelOfFact Thu 20-Oct-11 09:50:19

Yeah, I was going to say falafel too. I guess you could add courgettes and flour and make some kind of falafel/courgette fritter thing? Sounds rather nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now