Talk

Advanced search

What to bake in my new mixer....

(7 Posts)
louby78 Tue 18-Oct-11 19:37:05

After much deliberation and research over the old Kenwood vs Kitchenaid debate I have bought a Kenwood Chef. I have so many recipe books but am stuck as to what to bake first - cake or bread and if cake what type? Any ideas?!

4merlyknownasSHD Thu 20-Oct-11 10:52:33

I chose not to post yesterday as I felt I ran the risk of being viewed as a Troll, and that I would leave it to someone else to comment, but they have not done so, so here goes:

FFS, if you have been able to make a decision on a big ticket purchase like a food mixer, why are you stumped by this? Make anything!

4merlyknownasSHD Thu 20-Oct-11 14:48:07

Sorry, Louby, I don't know what came over me. FFS is not my usual tone, FHS (for heaven's sake) would have been better!

purpleturtletoise Thu 20-Oct-11 14:52:12

What's your favourite?

Although, if it were me, I'd have baked my first thing already.

So what was it? And was it lovely?

Vajazzler Sat 22-Oct-11 08:27:35

When i got my KitchenAid the first 2 things i made were a cake that needed the eggs and sugar to be creamed and whipped cream to go with strawberries. I even timed how quick it was to do it compared with my old hand mixer smile
Even now a few months down the line i love watching them mix so quick!

bigTillyMint Sat 22-Oct-11 12:33:47

Oooh, you are making me want a Kenwood (Can't really justify a Kitchen Aid sad) even more. What Chef is it? Have you tried it now?

esselle Sat 22-Oct-11 12:45:10

When I got my Kenwood last Xmas, the first thing I made was a pavlova.

It was the one thing I could think of which takes alot of mixing and I could just stand and watch.

The pavlova was LUSH!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now