Talk

Advanced search

Freezing spaghetti/Pasta dishes

(10 Posts)
TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Mon 17-Oct-11 12:34:28

Might be a stupid question but can I freeze carbonara and tagliatelle meals? Trying to get back in to proper cooking for the kids and making things in advance!

travellingtime Mon 17-Oct-11 12:37:14

i would/do. rice dished (risotto) doesnt freeze as well though in my exp

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Mon 17-Oct-11 12:41:17

I was curious about risotto but there's never really leftovers from that!
Glad I can freeze the pasta meals though as it seems to be all they will eat!

titan Mon 17-Oct-11 12:47:31

I freeze pasta and risotto for my toddler all the time. Just add a splash of water before microwaving from frozen otherwise it can dry out. The texture may change very slightly but he doesn't notice!

CaptainNancy Mon 17-Oct-11 12:51:02

I only ever freeze sauces (loads of different ones- tuna, bolognese, cheese and spinach, chicken etc, ice cube trays) and do the pasta on the hob whilst cooking (and cooling) the sauce. The only actual pasta I freeze is in lasagne. (completely covered by sauce)

I agree a toddler won't be too fussy on texture usually!

startail Mon 17-Oct-11 13:07:49

Toddler sized portions fine. Adults I'd freeze the sauce and cook the pasta as it reheats. Both to get decent texture pasta and to save freezer space. Mum, pours Bol. sauce about 1/2 way up big round Stork tubs (she's a great cake baker). Freezes it and then shakes it out into a freezer bag, so it takes up less room.

startail Mon 17-Oct-11 13:10:03

Also enough aside to feed 3 or 4, takes 10 minutes at least to thaw in the microwave as you have to keep storing it. Pasta takes about the same time to cook.

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Mon 17-Oct-11 14:06:41

Thank you. I'd like to make some sauces but have no clue where to begin all I can really do is bolognese!

CaptainNancy Tue 18-Oct-11 00:17:56

will try and post some recipes for you tomorrow tiaras smile

TiarasTimeOutsAndTantrums Tue 18-Oct-11 09:01:47

Thanks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now