Talk

Advanced search

Miele or Neff oven - put off by Miele only having 1 shelf

(8 Posts)
extremelychocolateymilkroll Sat 15-Oct-11 22:57:25

Can't decide which oven to go for. Looking at getting a pyrolitic Miele or Neff oven. Drawn to the Miele because everyone goes on about how good they are but I'm put off by the oven only coming with one shelf. However, my current oven only has one shelf and that hasn't been too much of an issue. Also, where do you put the other shelf when you need to put something big in the oven? Also like the fact that the Neff oven has a sliding door. What are your views? TIA

frenchfancy Sun 16-Oct-11 09:57:01

We've gone for bosch and love it. Ours came with 4 shelves in total - 2 wire racks and 2 trays. Which means I can cook 4 large pizzas at the same time.

JaneBirkin Sun 16-Oct-11 09:59:03

I bought an extra shelf for my Smeg oven. It wasn't too dear.

JaneBirkin Sun 16-Oct-11 09:59:40

and I like Miele a lot - our fridge is Miele. It's been no trouble for about 7 years now.

Bunbaker Sun 16-Oct-11 10:03:17

If you can get an extra shelf and the Miele is better then I would go for that one. There is no way I would have an oven that only had one shelf though, but then I use my oven a lot.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Sun 16-Oct-11 17:21:29

Thanks for all your replies. Went into John Lewis again today and discovered that the Neff pyrolitic doesn't have a slide away door. The Miele also has a larger oven capacity and we will be able to get another shelf if needed so it's looking like we'll go for that one.

Trills Sun 16-Oct-11 17:32:45

You can buy extra shelves like this one which expands so it will fit any oven.

I am annoyed that I left ours in the oven in the old house when we moved out.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Sun 16-Oct-11 21:06:04

Thanks Trills. Does seem as if only having 1 shelf shouldn't be a deal breaker. Everything seems to be pointing to the Miele but I get the feeling from the reams of things I have been reading that the Neff might produce better results but not sure if I have imagined it as getting quite tired now... Thanks again everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now