Talk

Advanced search

Can I have some basic recipies for 2 fussy eaters (and a 2 yo human dustbin!!)

(14 Posts)
MilkNoSugarPlease Fri 14-Oct-11 23:23:19

Including one veggie that won't eat pulses etc only Quorn products

Am SO fed up of cooking the same thing day in day out!!

Quick and easy would be fantastic to grin

TIA!!

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 15-Oct-11 10:27:00

Who is the veggie? Sounds like they're the ones making life more difficult than it should be. If it's a veggie adult... get them to make their own meals. If it's a veggie child... tell them they can be veggie when they're older.

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 15-Oct-11 10:36:54

Veggie is 11....unfortunately I'm their nanny not mum so as much as I'd like to can't tell him not to be Veggie!!

Grr! grin

Curiousmama Sat 15-Oct-11 10:39:13

Tell them they'll be veggie when they're older? hmm

No pulses is a hard one! My two are loving quesadillas at the moment. two tortillas filled with tomato sauce cheese and anything else, veg/meat etc.. then pan fried til browned each side. They inhale them smile

Curiousmama Sat 15-Oct-11 10:39:53

Rice or pasta bakes are good and easy too.

dobbybono Sat 15-Oct-11 10:41:49

quorn pieces with pesto and pasta and cheese,easy peasy to make and usually a hit

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 15-Oct-11 12:43:44

Yes, tell them to be veggie when older. If you've got the time, money and inclination to make a different meal for every member of the family... fine. Be a short-order cook. But otherwise... tell them to eat up and shut up and when they leave home they can eat what they like. smile

betabaker Sat 15-Oct-11 14:15:12

Get the 11yo to do the research and come up with veggie ideas - if committed he/she should do that; if can't be arsed, then say you can't either!
BTW Quorn isn't all it's cracked up to be, will find link to Guardian article later hmm

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 15-Oct-11 14:18:40

Thanks all, as I say, unfortunately it's not up to me to stop him being veggie...frankly if it was...he'd either eat pulses and lentils or meat!!

I really don't like quorn tbh (Sorry Mr Quorn, but you CAN tell the difference when you put Quorn mince in spag Bol instead of meat...!!) it's very chemically to me....but he will eat it....and him eating something is always a bonus!!

Research idea is great, thank you!

Quesadillas may also work!! thank you!

Thanks all

Curiousmama Sat 15-Oct-11 16:20:11

Yes I'd heard funny things about quorn. Have you tried veggie shepherd's pie? It does have lentils in but may be ok as they go so soft and with the carrots etc.. in he/she may not notice? You can make some to freeze too. Delia's veggie shepherd's pie

Curiousmama Sat 15-Oct-11 16:20:48

Oh and my dcs devour that too and they're not veggy. We just eat a lot of veggy food. They also love enchiladas but they have chickpeas in.

MilkNoSugarPlease Sat 15-Oct-11 21:40:46

Oooh that looks loovely!! Thank you!!

Curiousmama Sat 15-Oct-11 23:15:59

Enjoy. Am sure they'll love quesadillas. You can do allsorts of fillings and also do them with rice/salad etc.

Dialsmavis Sat 15-Oct-11 23:24:01

fajitas with the 'chicken' qourn, Veggie sausages, mash and veg, med veg and sweet pot topped cottage pie type thing, Linda macartneys fake meat pie (yum, DS no longer veggie but begs for these). fritata, risotto....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now