Talk

Advanced search

Recipes using 100% Chocolate?

(4 Posts)
ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 14-Oct-11 19:39:28

My MIL brought me back some Bakers unsweetened chocolate from the States. It says on the box 100% cacao so I assume it is :-)

I was wondering if any of you wonderful Mners would have a recipe to use with this? Lots of the recipes I have seen have been about how much butter and sugar to add to make it like "normal" baking chocolate, and then using a standard recipe, which seems to defeat the point of using it in the first place.

Seeing as she made the effort to get me this special chocolate I would love to use a recipe "designed" for this sort of baking chocolate.

Any ideas much appreciated :-)

cambridgeferret Fri 14-Oct-11 22:31:44

May be difficult to cook with - it's far too bitter. Try it stirred into spaghetti bolognese and venison casseroles to give a depth of flavour.
Don't be tempted to try and scoff it - it's not nice on its own.

Waitrose also sell it BTW.

betabaker Sat 15-Oct-11 13:59:02

Any of the recipes by Willie-Harcourt Cooze (off of C4s Willie's Wonky chocolate factory) would be fine - 100% is what he makes and uses in sweet and savoury dishes. His book is great - library may have it.
williescacao.com/index.php?rid=home

nicebutjim Tue 18-Oct-11 09:42:04

This chocolate tart looks good:
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2011/10/chocolate-tart-recipe/#more-7093

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now