Talk

Advanced search

PARSNIPS 'peeled, halved and sliced lengthways' ?????

(9 Posts)
mosschops30 Fri 14-Oct-11 16:06:57

how would you cut them? bearing in mind its going in a pasta, surely if i cut in half and slice lengthways i will have large slabs of parsnip in my taglietellie

Hassled Fri 14-Oct-11 16:09:27

Why would you put parsnip in pasta? Is that what they do on the streets of Napoli? I think not. There's fusion cooking, and then there's just plain wrong.

How are you cooking the parsnips?

purplewerepidj Fri 14-Oct-11 16:11:25

Parsnips in tagliatelle? <Boak>

Yes, you will end up with giant lumps of mushy parsnip... Peel, halve lengthways and slice like rounds of carrot would be marginally less lumpy, but I still can't imagine the sauce that would go with it shock

MindyMacready Fri 14-Oct-11 16:12:53

Why? Really, why would you do that? confused

nickelbabe Fri 14-Oct-11 16:12:59

I never cut my parsnips lengthways. It's weird.
(although I think it's the "usual" way to do it)

I cut them into circles, about 5mm thick.

mosschops30 Fri 14-Oct-11 16:14:08

Its jamies, parnip and pancetta with lots of butter and parmesan, saw it on the MN lunch thread.
I woykd have thought cutting in half lengthways then slicing 'half coin like' would be better.

storminabuttercup Sat 15-Oct-11 10:07:39

Do you think it means go julienne them? confused

HoneyPablo Sat 15-Oct-11 10:10:10

I think he does mean julienne them , like carrots. How are they cooked?

StrawHat Wed 19-Oct-11 08:56:38

Bit late in the day but I grate parsnips into lots of things - scrambled egg, pasta dishes, soups and stews. I even mix it with breadcrumbs and sprinkle over (insert a variety of oven-based dishes here) for a flavoursome crunchy topping, delish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now