Talk

Advanced search

Traybake Sale

(8 Posts)
Kattsy Thu 13-Oct-11 15:14:14

I'm trying to raise funds for going to Uganda next year and would love any easy/inexpensive recipes for traybakes/buns so I can sell them in work. As it is me doing it on my own I'd prefer to keep the cost low as I can make a (charitable) profit. thanks

stealthsquiggle Thu 13-Oct-11 15:18:51

Selling to adults? Definitely Mars Bar krispie cake here - except that I don't put chocolate on the top, and do add mini-marshmallows at the end (although that would impact on profitability).

It can be done with supermarket own-brand rice krispies (although I don't recommend the Sainsburys basics ones - they were nasty) and own-brand mars bar equivalents and grown men have been known to fight over it grin

Kattsy Mon 17-Oct-11 09:45:02

Thanks Stealth! Will give it a go and let you know :D

PomBearAtTheGatesOfDoom Fri 21-Oct-11 21:02:30

Flapjack? with or without toppings - you can do them with fruit in, or chocolate or carob coatings...

StarryEyedMama Fri 21-Oct-11 21:04:16

Lemon drizzle cake?

fergoose Fri 21-Oct-11 21:30:02

plain vanilla sponge, spread with jam when still warm and then sprinkle with dessicated coconut.

fivegomadindorset Fri 21-Oct-11 21:34:54

Chocolate biscuit fridge cake or whatever you want to call it.

400g unsalted butter
100g cocoa powder
200g golden syrup
800g ( but I used 500g so a packet) of digestive bisucits.

Melt the first three together and then add the broken up biscuits, put in a tray and then stick in fridge pressed down with tins.

Said it made 12 but makes a lot more.

Tillyscoutsmum Fri 21-Oct-11 21:38:37

I have c&p'd from a poster who answered a similar thread of mine ages ago. I've made them both lots of times and they have always been really popular

MmeLindt Tue 16-Nov-10 09:34:36
These are my Mum's favourites. The fudge one is basically like Millionaires Chocolate but done in one layer with choc topping. The ingredients list do both traybakes, and you have less washing up as you can use the same pot for both.

8 ozs marge or butter
large bar cooking chocolate
large tin condensed milk
syrup
sugar
raisins
large packet digestive biscuits

Janet’s Fudge Cake (Do this first – saves washing pot)

4 ozs Marge
4 ozs Castor Sugar
1 Tablesp Syrup
1 Sm Tin condensed Milk (I use large tin between both traybakes)
½ packet Digestive Biscuits
Method

Melt Marg, Sugar, Syrup and condensed milk
Boil for 4 minutes (till turns brown)
Add crushed biscuits
Put in swiss roll tin and cover with melted chocolate

Lesley’s Choc Cake

Melt 4 ozs marg, 6 ozs cooking chocolate.
Add 8 ozs crushed digestive biscuits ( I buy large packet to do both traybakes), 6 ozs raisins and small tin condensed milk.
Spread in to a swiss roll tin and put in fridge for several hours
Cut into small squares

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now