Talk

Advanced search

Is Ghee good to cook with? To ghee or not to ghee?

(2 Posts)
ChloeGreene Wed 12-Oct-11 23:13:02

I love Anjum Anand's recipes but she often recommends using ghee and I have heard good and bad things about ghee. It's what Renee Zellwegger ate when she wanted to bulk up for Bridget Jones. Other sources say it can actually lower your cholesterol.
So am keen to hear from others their view of ghee.
http://chroniclesofchloegreene.blogspot.com/2011/05/anjum-anand-eat-right-for-your-body.html

muslimah28 Thu 13-Oct-11 22:50:15

well its fatty yes, but it does add a different dimension to the taste, its kind of more creamy. i think as long as you have it in moderation, as with any other fats, its ok. so don't use it every day grin i think if you follow ms zellwegger's consumption of ghee then perhaps thats overdoing it a bit. but she could have done the same thing with just loads and loads of cream. its just an extreme case and that's not going to put me off a bit of cream with my strawberries in the summer grin

(an alternative way to get the buttery flavour without all ghee if you really to avoid it though is to use half butter and half oil instead)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now