Talk

Advanced search

What recipes are good for re-heating

(4 Posts)
Murtette Wed 12-Oct-11 22:07:28

A very good friend has just had DC2 and called up in tears earlier to thank me for dropping off a chilli for them to have for supper tonight. I didn't feel as though I deserved her thanks as, to be honest, it was our left overs from last night and it was good to find a home for them! Anyway, I thought that over the weekend I'd make a meal that is actually meant for her. But what? I was thinking of something along the lines of a fish pie but if I deliver that cooked & complete, can she re-heat it or will the mash go yucky? What about some sort of pasta dish? I could just take a casserole but I'd prefer to deliver a complete meal if I can.
Thanks

dikkertjedap Wed 12-Oct-11 22:46:51

Lasagna, thick soups (ministrone for example), stews, moroccan type stews e.g broad beans with chicken and pitta bread. Even things like pancakes (including clafouti) and omelettes.

dikkertjedap Wed 12-Oct-11 22:49:00

Mash is easy to microwave. Cooked rice is also easy to microwave, so you could do a casserole with rice (or french bread).

Murtette Thu 13-Oct-11 20:27:06

Brilliant suggestions. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now