Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast Cake/Muffin?

(14 Posts)
LizinFrance Sun 09-Oct-11 09:27:17

Morning everyone.

I really struggle to get breakfast down my 2 little ones (19 months and 4 yrs) before the school run. Anyone any recipes for a breakfast cake or muffin, that will hopefully tempt them to 'eat up!'

Many thanks

Liz

CheerfulYank Sun 09-Oct-11 09:32:50

Muffin recipes Chocolate Chip Muffins;3 here ...will be in American measurements, sorry! smile

Slainte Sun 09-Oct-11 10:48:16

These cheese & cherry tomato muffins look nice though I haven't made them yet.

parttimedomesticgoddess Sun 09-Oct-11 10:55:45

Have you tried them with brioche? My girls both love brioche buns (either chocolate filled or choc chip) and Pitch ones come individually wrapped, which is practical. I choose not to freak out about chocolate in breakfast things, if it's OK in France etc...

Georgimama Sun 09-Oct-11 10:56:31

nutella is your friend in this situation.

laptopwieldingharpy Sun 09-Oct-11 11:07:21

Wholemeal Carrot cake muffin with a lick of cream cheese frosting. Make the frosting pink.Guilt free.

If they like eggs or something savoury make mini pastry free bacon quiches or tomato/cheese frittatas in muffin tray.

Cookerydoodledoo Sun 09-Oct-11 20:33:49

I made this one on the weekend (had loads of bananas that needed eating!)

You will need:

3 ripe bananas
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
75g raisins (cranberries..most dried fruit will do)
50g walnuts
80g butter
100g brown or fruit sugar
250g sr light wholemeal flour
dash of milk

Dollop in muffin cases and bake until risen and brown. They are a lush breakfast treat!

For something even healthier why not wizz up Greek yoghurt, frozen fruit and honey with a blender - my little boy loves that with wholemeal toast for 'dipping'.

Loads of recipes on my website if you want some ideas for kid's meals http://www.cookerydoodledoo.net/whats-for-tea-tonight-2/

LizinFrance Sun 09-Oct-11 22:49:43

These all sound yummy - I'm sure my little ones would 'woof' these down. Something I did think of this evening was to whether I could bung something in the bread maker? Any ideas? Something more cakey than bready!

Thanks,

Liz
x

zipzap Sun 09-Oct-11 22:56:52

I've made banana-ies in the past which were like brownies but made with lots of bananas. I also added in choc chips and could have easily added nuts In too which would have been good. They also had spelt flour in which is supposed to be good for you.

Overall very healthy but with a bit of choc as a treat or bribe and very very yummy.

I haven't got the recipe to hand at the moment but will try and find it, otherwise google to see if you can find it.

CheerfulYank Sun 09-Oct-11 23:05:47

These look yummy! smile

laptopwieldingharpy Mon 10-Oct-11 01:44:13

Maybe cornbread or banana bread?

"pain d'epices" it's a sort malty honey spiced loaf

RiffRaffeta Mon 10-Oct-11 16:29:28

I am thinking of making monkey bread with my DC soon

Sianilaa Tue 11-Oct-11 10:27:06

I do these blueberry ones, I LOVE them and so do my boys..

Apologies for the link, saves me writing it out x

thedomesticgoddesschallenge.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/blueberry-almond-breakfast-muffins/

ivykaty44 Tue 11-Oct-11 14:10:33

brioche in the bread maker - a loaf and then nutella spread over the slice

or rasin bread made with half water half milk and two eggs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now