Talk

Advanced search

Fall-proof toad in the hole recipe needed....never done it before

(11 Posts)
HauntedLittleLunatic Sat 08-Oct-11 12:54:18

...so

I have this yorkshire pudding recipe...

from delia

I need to cook the sausages for a bit first don't I? How long for? How much oil to I need to cook them in? I will be alright using oild not dripping won't I?

Any help greatfully recieved..

savoycabbage Sat 08-Oct-11 12:56:46

Yes you no need to cook them for a bit. Jamie says have your oven on the hottest temperature and mine always goes massive.

notapizzaeater Sat 08-Oct-11 12:56:51

Are they "posh" sausages ? If so I'd add about a tablespoon of oil, if cheaper ones I'd not add any and pour off some of the fat before adding yorkshire mix. I normally cook for about 10 mins then add mix.

HauntedLittleLunatic Sat 08-Oct-11 12:58:43

They are "posh" sausages from butcher. Almost no fat comes out when I griddle them so I will def need to add oil.

GuillotinedMaryLacey Sat 08-Oct-11 13:10:28

I use delia's toad recipe. Cook sausages first, make delia's batter and bung in oven. Never failed yet smile

HauntedLittleLunatic Sat 08-Oct-11 16:53:24

I couldn't see a recipe on delia for it...was the first place I looked...

GuillotinedMaryLacey Sat 08-Oct-11 16:56:39

Here smile Yummy, but we had sausages last night so toad tonight would be pushing it!

Debs75 Sat 08-Oct-11 17:00:49

Nigellas is brilliant and mine come out great every time.
I haven't got a hob proof roaster so fry the sausage patties and heat up my roaster in the oven then pour the sausages in and add the batter. It comes up huge and tastes great

going Sat 08-Oct-11 17:02:51

Make sure the tin you are baking it in is very hot before you pour in the batter.

Sianilaa Tue 11-Oct-11 10:28:30

This is mine:
thedomesticgoddesschallenge.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/toad-in-the-hole/

It's based on Nigella and never fails me x

ivykaty44 Tue 11-Oct-11 14:07:22

grease the tin or dish and then grease it again and then pout in the oil and place in oven to get hot.

Use an extra egg in the batter for extra rise

i place sausages and batter in the oven at the same time and cook for 30 minutes and never open the door

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now