Talk

Advanced search

So, the children keep requesting pudding. I don't like pudding. I never eat pudding. What is this pudding of which they speak? Ideas please...

(11 Posts)
NightLark Fri 07-Oct-11 22:17:38

As the title - I don;t have a sweet tooth. I don't get pudding. I actively dislike custard and anything involving hot milk. Yet I have produced 3 children, two of whom are of an age where they demand pudding after every tea time (number 3 is still on milk with milk and added milk).

I'm giving them ice cream, ice lollies and biscuits. This is (obviously) far from ideal, but 'have an apple' doesn't seem to cut it in the pudding stakes.

What can I give them for pudding?

What do children like?

And what is easy to cook?

shesparkles Fri 07-Oct-11 22:18:40

Fruit or yoghurt in our house...dead easy to cookwink

blibblibs Fri 07-Oct-11 22:25:31

Banana & custard goes down well here.
Usually fruit & youghurt but sometimes chocolate mousse as a treat.

Harecare Fri 07-Oct-11 22:28:37

yoghurt, banana split, tinned rice pudding, tin fruit and ice cream, cooked puddings from DDs I can cook book. Jelly. All easy and well liked.

Beamur Fri 07-Oct-11 22:31:44

Rice pudding is easy to cook yourself too.
Crumbles are pretty easy
If you can make a simple sponge mixture, you can put that on something like stewed apples (or other fruit) and that makes a really nice pudding.

jumpyjan Fri 07-Oct-11 22:34:24

We rotate the following:
fromage frais
fruit salad (chopped fruit with orange squeezed over)
yoghurt
angel delight
tinned fruit cocktail
banana ice cream and sprinkles
fairy cakes

NightLark Fri 07-Oct-11 22:35:21

oooh, you are all lovely, thank you!

OhMyGolly Fri 07-Oct-11 23:14:13

We rarely have puddings apart from yoghurt, but when we do it's usually when dp bakes a cake, pineapple upside down cake is nice, cinnamon buns, cheesecake, biscuits, occasionally pancakes, scones go down a treat too.

Sometimes buy a ready made apple pie or gateaux if we are in the mood.

RidcullySentTheBursarMad Sat 08-Oct-11 00:03:54

Mine both have pudding after every meal, but tends to be fruit or yoghurt. On occasion, when I've baked they might have a piece of cake, jam tart or rice-crispie cakes (which they will usually have helped bake too). Otherwise, I do ice-cream, which is home-made in our case (really simple to do, honestly), but only because ds2 is dairy allergic.

mamas12 Sat 08-Oct-11 00:19:29

any chopped up fruit with creme fresh and either chocolate sprinkles or hundreds and thousands here.
banana and kiwi go well so do strawbs and blueberries
Do an eton mess with natural yoghurt and meringues mmmmmm.
Bung some bananas in foil into the oven ditto baked apples while you're eating yur mains.
bread and butter pudding from leftover bread.
Get them to help you do it all too

FreddieMercurysBolero Sat 08-Oct-11 00:33:33

Bread and butter pudding is another fantastic one... I freeze the heels of bread in a ziplock bag, as nobody ever eats them, and make bread and butter pudding with them when we have feck all money for anything else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now